Our Office Policies
Scheduling Your Child’s Appointment
We understand that work and school can make scheduling a dental appointment difficult. Our staff will try its best to set your appointment to accommodate your request, but planning ahead will give you the best chance to get the appointment that best fits your needs.
Please use our appointment request form to begin the process of securing an appointment for your child(ren) during the months of June, July, and August.
Staying With Your Child
Parents often wish to stay with their children during a visit. We understand.
Our experience with thousands of children suggests that although a child’s initial visit may be more comfortable if the parent stays close, on the next visit, the parent should remain in the waiting room. It is often best if the parent stays in the waiting room on the first visit.
Ideally, your child develops trust in our staff. We do everything we can to make children less nervous and keep the atmosphere upbeat. The Chew Chew staff builds a quick rapport with your children; we find that the relationship grows quickly when parents allow their children to experience the hygiene area with just our staff.
One parent or guardian may remain with a child during procedures although our experience suggests that this is often unnecessary. Your children are often braver than you think!
Paying for Your Visit
Fees incurred are due in full when services are rendered. They are entirely the patient/parent/guarantor’s responsibility. Payments can be made by the following options:
- We accept cash, check, MasterCard or Visa at time of service.
- We accept Care Credit which is a credit program for medical bills. You may log onto CareCredit.com to fill out an application.
- You are responsible for the balance of all treatment. We will file your insurance for you as a courtesy. We recommend treatment based on necessity and not what your policy covers. You are responsible for any portion that the insurance does not cover. If for any reason , the insurance does not pay within forty-five days the balance is then due and payable in full by the parent/guarantor.
- The parent or guardian who brings the child to the office is responsible for payment in full. All statements will be sent to this individual. We will not bill a third party.
- In the unfortunate event we have to seek an outside collection agency for unpaid balances, the parent/guardian will be responsible for any collection and/ or attorney fees.
How We Work With Your Dental Insurance
Chew Chew Junction determines neither the procedures your carrier covers nor the amounts your carrier will pay for our services. The agreement between your carrier and, most often, your employer, determines the limits of your plan. Dental insurance has lower limits than medical insurance. Some procedures, for example, may be covered by your plan at 50 percent of their cost while others may be fully covered. A plan may only cover $1000 or $1500 per child per year after its deductible. Our charges are completely in line with other local dentists.
We verify your insurance coverage and let you know what your plan covers. We estimate what your plan will pay toward our fees and calculate your deductibles and co-pay for the day. You are responsible for the balance due when we provide the service.
To speed processing, we file claims to your carrier electronically. Your carrier must honor your claim within 30 days. After 30 days, any payments due become your responsibility. Naturally, if your carrier sends us payment for a bill you have paid yourself, we reimburse you directly.
Complete our new patient signup form today!